Dreams

Today in class we were asked to define the American dream as well as our owns dreams and how would we achieve them. I didn’t really understand what Mr.Rease meant by the American dream, but I replied with my dream. My dream is to become a good baker and even compete with other bakers around the country on baking shows. I will achieve this dream by mastering my baking skills and practice to get better. After talking about our dreams, we watched a video with Cheryl Strayed talking about dreams ruining your life. Some dreams can ruin your life if you get lost trying to achieve them instead of making time for yourself. This led us into reading and analyzing Chapters 7 and 8. Some time in Chapter 7 or 8 Cheryl lied to Doug and Tom saying that she had to fix her bag, but she really just wanted to stay behind to be alone. Then we discussed the state of being alone and the place of being alone. We were asked the question “How can being alone be empowering?” I replied with “Being alone can be empowering because it helps you connect more with yourself. Society teaches us that being alone is a bad thing, but it helps you find your own peace and happiness within yourself.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Can You Be Sick of Corona and It’s a Form of A Sickness?

Current Events